Vomited from the depths of Hades, five forces joined together to create Durban’s longest-standing blackened death metal group.
Feverish blasts drive death marches of doom and in turn disintegrate into blackened decay, immersing the audience in a visual and aural feast. Fronted by one of South Africa’s most malevolent frontwomen, the group delivers a powerful live performance to keep you coming back for more.
With plans to darken each of South Africa’s corners in the future once more, Theatre Runs Red is intent on taking its musical repertoire to the next level.
Major festivals / shows we have been a part of thus far:
- Metal 4 Africa
- Death Fest
- Grim Fest
- Witchfest 2008 - Carcass SA Tour
- RAMfest (CTN)
- RAMfest (JHB) – Trivium and Killswitch Engage SA Tour
- Emalyth Arts Expo’s
- From the Dark
- Battle of the Bands (DBN) – Winners in 2008
- Ensiferum Tour SA
- Opening act for Behemoth + Konkhra South African Tour 2014
- Witchfest 2015 - Epica, Hatebreed,Cannibal Corpse, Decapitated, Kataklysm, Belphagor, Septic Flesh, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Alestorm, Carnifex, Aborted, Skinned and Restock tour
- Sam Dunn: Metal Documentary South Africa
-Witchfest 2017 featuring DevilDriver
Won Best Black Metal band in South Africa 2015, 2016 & 2017
Musical influences are diverse and innumerable – each member lives for their music and relishes a vast range of different genres, with black and death metal remaining, as expected, in the forefront.
Keep a look out for the Theatre in your town in the coming future – sooner than you know it, the rot will set in and you will have no choice but to be a part of a healthy dose of blackened death debauchery.